Acorn TV’s big September premiere will be The Sounds starring Canada’s Rachelle Lefevre (Under the Dome). Filmed in New Zealand’s idyllic Marlborough Sounds in the South Island, this new psychological thriller tells the story of a missing person and marriage turned upside down as a successful Canadian couple (Lefevre and Narcos’ Matt Whelan) attempt to start a new life away from overbearing family back home but soon find that not everyone in their quiet new community is as welcoming as they had hoped.
Canadians who subscribe to Acorn TV will be the first to check out this new series as it will later air on CBC and stream on CBC Gem. The first two episodes premiere on Thursday, September 3 on Acorn TV with a new episode available each Monday beginning September 7 through October 12.
The second season of Bang is set to premiere on Monday, September 21. The Welsh drama stars Catrin Stewart (Stella) as Gina Jenkins who attempts to solve a series of murders apparently connected to a historic rape allegation alongside her long-time partner, Luke Lloyd (Jack Parry-Jones, Moon Dogs). All six episodes will be available to stream the same day.
Acorn TV’s Additional September Premieres
- Public Enemies (Limited Series, 2012) – September 7
- Wisting (English/Norwegian Series) – September 7
- The Badness of King George IV (Film, 2004) – September 14
- The Sum of Us (Film, 1994) – September 14
- The Yorkshire Vet (Series 9) – September 21
- The Mystery of Hansom Cab (Film, 2012) – September 21
- The Advocates (Series 1 & 2) – September 28
- The Black Velvet Gown (Film, 1991) – September 28
Check out what else is streaming in Canada in The TV Watercooler’s Streaming Guide.