The following are the newest television series, specials, and movies that will premiere this weekend or are already available to stream.
The new ITVX miniseries starring Vicky McClure (Line of Duty) premieres all four episodes this Friday, Jan. 6 on Crave. Without Sin is a Nottingham-based psychological thriller that focuses on the life of a grieving mother, Stella (McClure), three years after her teenage daughter is murdered.
Wracked with guilt and remorse at the events of that night, she chooses to live a nocturnal existence as an Uber driver, until she is contacted by the Department of Restorative Justice with a taped recording of Charles Stone (Johnny Harris), her daughter’s convicted killer. Going one step further, Stella agrees to meet Charles in prison – but nothing could prepare her for what Charles has to say next.
Prime Video’s new mystery thriller The Rig premieres on Friday, Jan. 6. The series follows the crew of an oil rig as they fight for survival after a strange fog cuts off all communication with the shore, and leaves them stranded in the fierce waves of the North Sea.
The Rig stars Canadian Emily Hampshire (Schitt’s Creek), Iain Glen (Game of Thrones), and Martin Compston (Line of Duty).
The first episode of the new ABC series Will Trent is now streaming on CTV. Based on Karin Slaughter’s bestselling books, the series follows Special Agent Will Trent (Ramón Rodríguez) of the Georgia Bureau of Investigations.
As a child, Trent was abandoned and was forced to endure a harsh coming-of-age in Atlanta’s overwhelmed foster care system. Now that he is in a position to make a difference, Trent is determined to use his unique point of view to make sure no one is abandoned like he was. His personal motivation and background contribute to Will Trent having the highest clearance rate in the GBI. Rodríguez previously appeared on The Affair. Will Trent also stars Erika Christensen (Parenthood, Swimfan), Iantha Richardson (This Is Us), and Jake McLaughlin (Quantico).
The Northman (2022)
Prince Amleth is on the verge of becoming a man when his father (Ethan Hawke) is brutally murdered by his uncle (Claes Bang), who kidnaps the boy’s mother. Two decades later, Amleth (Alexander Skarsgård) is now a Viking who raids Slavic villages. He soon meets a seeress who reminds him of his vow: save his mother (Nicole Kidman), kill his uncle, avenge his father. The film is directed by Robert Eggers (The Lighthouse) and also stars Anya Taylor-Joy, Björk, and Willem Dafoe.
Mumbai Mafia: Police vs. the Underworld
A new Netflix documentary focusing on 1990s Mumbai where a crime boss and his entire network wielded unchecked power over the city – until the rise of “encounter cops,” who brazenly killed their targets. Premieres Friday, Jan. 6.
Additional New Episodes:
- The Mosquito Coast (Season 2 Finale) on Friday, Jan. 6 at midnight on AppleTV+
- Ru Paul’s Drag Race (Season 15 Premiere) on Friday, Jan. 6 at 9:30 p.m. & 10:45 p.m. ET) on Crave
- George & Tammy (Season Finale) on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 9 p.m. on Crave on Crave
- Family Karma (Season 3, Episode 9) on Sunday, Jan. 8 at 9 p.m. on Slice (Streams on Hayu on Monday, Jan. 9)
- Below Deck (Season 10, Episode 7) on Monday, Jan. 9 at 9 p.m. on Slice (Streams on Hayu on Tuesday, Jan. 10)
- Here We Go (Series 1) on Tuesday, Jan. 10 on BritBox
- Will Trent (Season 1, Episode 2) on Tuesday, Jan. 10 at 10 p.m. on CTV and ABC
- The Conners (Season 5, Episode 8) on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 8 p.m. on CTV and ABC
- Lingo (Series Premiere) on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 9 p.m. on CTV and CBS
- Abbott Elementary (Season 2, Episode 12) on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 9 p.m. on Global and ABC
- Home Economics (Season 3, Episode 12) on Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 9:30 p.m. on Global and ABC
- Gossip Girl (Season 2, Episode 8) on Thursday, Jan. 12 on Crave