— The often mentioned Lucas Jones is finally coming home to Port Charles and he’ll be played by a familiar face, not a newcomer. Soaps in Depth reports that Ryan Carnes will return to General Hospital in early 2014.
— According to the latest issue of Soap Opera Digest, Bradford Anderson (Spinelli) and Emily Wilson (Ellie) will check out of GH as their characters move to Portland with the baby. Anderson opted to go recurring earlier this year and agreed to stay on until the baby storyline was completed. Wilson, who joined the cast as a GH lab tech, was also on recurring status.
— Another stellar week for GH in the ratings. The soap ranked as the #1 program in daytime for the first time in over 6 years in Women 25-54 as well as #1 in Women 18-34 and 18-49 in the U.S. last week when Robin finally reunited with her family and friends.
— Meanwhile, The Young and the Restless just marked 25 years as daytime’s most-watched soap.
— Y&R has cast primetime vet Ray Wise (Twin Peaks, Reaper) as Ian Ward, the former cult leader and the father of Nikki’s long-lost son, Dylan. Fun fact: Wise took over the role of Robin’s father on How I Met Your Mother after Eric Braeden quit.
— The Bold and the Beautiful is heading to bookshelves. Publishing house Pan Macmillan’s team of romance authors will work with executive producer and head writer Bradley Bell to create new stories which will also be available to readers on digital platforms.
Rants & Raves:
- General Hospital: A lot of people are annoyed with how long it’s taking Patrick (Jason Thompson) hasn’t made up his mind about Robin (Kimberly McCullough) and Sabrina (Theresa Castillo), but I’m pretty sure it’ll happen for Christmas.
- I’m glad that Carly (Laura Wright) finally paid Lulu (Marcy Rylan) a visit. Carly and Lulu’s relationship hit a rough patch when she defended Dante (Dominic Zamprogna) a few years back to the point where Carly was scheming to break them up. But I’m also glad that even that was referenced.
- It’s great that people are getting in Carly’s face about her being in a relationship with Franco (Roger Howarth). We had Sam (Kelly Monaco) and Lulu tell her how they felt this week. Speaking of Carly, when is she going to find out about Robin?!
- One last thing about GH – What’s up with people complaining about characters and pace when we had the following characters in one episode in 2013?!? We had Scotty, Lucy, Kevin, Anna, Robert, Duke! Plus Robin and Patrick! Enjoy this people.
- The Young and the Restless: There is way too much darkness on this show. It’s our first Christmas without Katherine Chancellor and Jeanne Cooper, heiress Delia Abbott was mowed down on Halloween and now Lily (Christel Khalil)’s got cancer scare.
- Can some babies please get some new names? GH’s Connie should now be going by Georgie, while Y&R’s Adam and Chelsea need to come up with a name for their baby…while Adam’s still calling him Peanut, Chelsea refers to him as Connor, Dylan’s sainted “father.”
- Days of our Lives: Nick’s (Blake Berris) “murder” and cover up is going great but why does little Ciara always end up with the evidence or missing items! Sonny, trapped in a closet was pretty hilarious.
- The Bold and the Beautiful: I haven’t had a chance to check out Ridge’s return (and Thosten Kaye’s debut), what did you all think of it?
The Bold and the Beautiful: Will Steffy crash Hope & Liam’s wedding?
Ridge’s return stirs up emotions for both Eric and Ridge. Ridge questions Eric about Brooke while Quinn tries to get Steffy to share importation with Liam. Ridge surprises Brooke with a kiss. Liam and Hope plan their wedding…which is to take place the next day. Steffy surprises Liam with an unexpected visit. Wyatt plans a vacation to Hawaii.
Coronation Street: Carla and Peter’s wedding
Peter apologizes to Carla for being upset that she invited Rob to the wedding. Christian comes to see Hayley. Tim blames himself for Faye’s behaviour. Jason and Tim make a decision about their business. Carla is worried that Peter has second thoughts about the wedding. Tina tells Peter he can still back out of the wedding. Audrey agrees to let David return to work at the salon.
Days of our Lives: A Santa surprise!
Will presses Sonny to reveal what he knows. Brady has upsetting news for Jennifer. Nicole tells a huge lie for Eric’s benefit. Victor freaks out when he finds out that Nicole is living with Daniel. Will confronts Sami about the big secret. Abigail talks to EJ about Jack. JJ devises a plot to neutralize Theresa. Adrienne sets Jennifer up with a new guy. EJ tries to trick Gabi into reveal everything. Hope gets a surprising call from Bo. EJ makes a shocking discovery and later confronts Sami about what he’s learned. Sami gets into a fight with Ciara. Kate, Gabi and Sonny get an alarming surprise when they take Arianna to visit Santa.
General Hospital: Patrick makes a decision
Britt makes a confession as Dante and Lulu find out that the other embryos are missing. Morgan and Ava grow closer while Molly and TJ argue. Sonny holds Carrrrlos captive. Sonny tests Duke’s loyalty. Someone is shot after a fire breaks out at Sonny’s warehouse. An unknown caller hounds Ava and Silas. Patrick finally makes his decision.
The Young and the Restless: Nikki and Sharon find common ground
Chelsea and Adam enjoy an evening of romance. Paul and Christine discover important evidence. Esther and Jill face off over Katherine’s music box while Nick and Jack argue over Summer’s birthday. Neil has a surprise for Leslie. Nikki and Sharon find common ground. Unexpected misfortune troubles Devon.