HBO and BBC’s I May Destroy You starring Michaela Coel (Chewing Gum) is this month’s first big premiere. It’ll debut following the final two episodes of this season’s Insecure on Sunday nights beginning June 7 before moving to Monday nights on June 22.
I May Destroy You is a “fearless, frank, and a provocative series that explores the question of sexual consent in contemporary life and how, in the new landscape of dating and relationships, we make the distinction between liberation and exploitation.”
The other big debut this June is HBO’s new drama series Perry Mason. Starring Matthew Rhys and produced by Robert Downey Jr., the series follows the origins of American fiction’s most legendary criminal defense lawyer created by Erle Stanley Gardner.
Set in 1931, when the case of the decade breaks down his door, Mason’s relentless pursuit of the truth reveals a fractured Los Angeles and just maybe, a pathway to redemption for himself. Perry Mason also stars John Lithgow (The Crown), Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black), Juliet Rylance (McMafia), Chris Chalk (Gotham), Shea Whigham (Joker), Stephen Root (Barry) Gayle Rankin (The Greatest Showman), Nate Corddry (Mindhunter), Veronica Falcon (The Other Woman), Jefferson Mays (Westworld), Lili Taylor (American Crime), Andrew Howard (Watchmen), Eric Lange (Lost), and Robert Patrick (True Blood).
New Episodes and Specials from HBO
- Love Life – 2 new episodes on Thursday, June 4 and the final 4 episodes on June 11
- We’re Here – Thursdays at 9 p.m.
- Betty – Fridays at 11 p.m.
- Real Time with Bill Maher – Fridays at 11 p.m. (on demand the following morning)
- Trackers – Fridays at 11:30 p.m. (Premieres June 5)
- Yvonne Orji: Mamma I Made It! – Premieres Saturday, June 6 at 10 p.m.
- I Know This Much Is True – Sundays at 9 p.m.
- Insecure – Sundays at 10 p.m. (Season finale airs on June 14)
- I May Destroy You – Sundays at 10:30 p.m. on June 7 & 14; Mondays at 9 p.m. beginning June 22
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver – Sundays at 11 p.m. (on demand the following morning)
- Axios – Mondays at 11 p.m. (on demand the following morning)
- Bully, Coward, Victim: The Story of Roy Cohn – Premieres Thursday, June 18 at 9 p.m.
- Perry Mason – Sundays at 9 p.m. (Premieres June 21)
- Transhood – Wednesday, June 24 at 9 p.m.
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark – Sundays at 10 p.m. (Premieres June 28)
- Welcome to Chechnya – June 30 at 9 p.m.
New Episodes and Specials from Showtime
- Vice – Sundays at 8 p.m.
- Billions – Sundays at 9 p.m.
- Penny Dreadful: City of Angels – Sundays at 10 p.m.
- The Chi – Sundays at 9 p.m. beginning June 21
- Black Monday – Sundays at 8 p.m. beginning June 28
- The Kindness of Strangers (June 4)
- Lady Bird (June 5)
- Lucy in the Sky (June 5)
- Mia and the White Lion (June 5)
- Canadian Strain (June 11)
- Ad Astra (June 12)
- Corporate Animals (June 12)
- Grand Isle (June 19)
- Twins (June 19)
- Clemency (June 26)
- Doctor Sleep (June 26)
Additional Highlighted Programming
- Laurel Canyon: Part 1 (June 1 at 9 p.m.)
- Drag Race: All Stars (Fridays at 9:30 p.m. beginning June 5)
- Killing Eve (Season 3; June 5)
- The Big Interview with Dan Rather (Seasons 6-7; June 5)
- You Me Her (Season 2; June 7)
- Laurel Canyon: Part 2 (June 8 at 9 p.m.)
- Abby Hatcher (Season 2; June 12)
- The Rookie (Season 2; June 12)
- Crossing Swords (Thursdays at 10:30 p.m. beginning June 18)
- The Bold and the Beautiful Classics (New episodes added weekly, click here for more)
Check out what else is streaming in Canada here.