Here’s a look back at the latest soap news and what’s coming up on all your soaps.
— Real-life soap couple alert: Days of our Lives’ Chrishell Stause (Jordan) is datingJustin Hartley (Patrick, Revenge; ex-Fox, Passions). Stause previously starred on All My Children with Hartley’s ex, Lindsay Hartley (ex-Cara, AMC; ex-Theresa, Passions).
— Soap star Anna Stuart (ex-Donna, Another World; ex-Mary, All My Children) tied the knot with Oscar-nominated and Emmy-winning actor James Cromwell on New Year’s Day at the home of Charles Keating (ex-Carl, AW). Keating had introduced the pair years ago.
— General Hospital’s baby boom: Yes, Teresa Castillo (Sabrina) is pregnant in real life. She and husband, Shane Aaron, are expecting their first baby (a girl) in May. Kirsten Storms (Maxie) and Brandon Barash (ex-Johnny) welcomed their baby daughter, Harper Rose, on January 7th. Meanwhile, Bradford Anderson (ex-Spinelli) and his wife Kiera are expecting their own baby girl in May as well.
— The Partridge Family’s Shirley Jones is set to appear on General Hospital this February. Jones previously appeared on Days of our Lives as Colleen Brady. Could William Shatner also be appearing on GH? William deVry (Julian) tweeted the news about Jones’ appearance to Captain Kirk himself and hoped his agent would let him appear on the ABC soap as well.
— CBS and NBC are celebrating more soap ratings upswings. In a press release on Friday, CBS announced that The Bold and the Beautiful delivered its largest weekly audience in nearly six years for the week of ending January 5th. The Young and the Restless also had its best week in almost three years. B&B averaged 4.13 million viewers Dec. 30-Jan. 3 (largest since the week ending Feb. 29, 2008) while Y&R delivered 5.31 million viewers (largest since the week ending Feb. 4, 2011). Over at Days of our Lives, the NBC soap delivered its biggest audience in Women 18-49 in more than two years. ABC has yet to reveal how General Hospital performed. All numbers based on U.S. Nielsen ratings.
— The nominees for the 45th Annual NAACP Image Awards have been announced. Nominees in the Best Actress in a Daytime Drama Series category are: Tatyana Ali (Roxy, Y&R), Christel Khalil (Lily, Y&R), Karla Mosley (Maya, B&B), Angel Conwell (Leslie, Y&R) and Kristolyn Lloyd (Dayzee, B&B). Nominees in the Best Actor in a Daytime Drama Series are Kristoff St. John (Neil, Y&R), Aaron D. Spears (Justin, B&B), Redaric Williams (Tyler, Y&R), Tequan Richmond (TJ, GH) and Lawrence Saint-Victor (Carter). You can check out the rest of the NAACP Image Awards nominees here.
— Jamie Renee Smith (True Blood) will appear on the February 6th episode of The Bold and the Beautiful as Wyatt’s ex-girlfriend, Nicole.
— Here’s a timeline of the past week’s mess that is behind-the-scenes of The Young and the Restless:
- Michael Muhney (Adam) broke his silence on Twitter last Monday: “Benjamin Franklin said it best, “Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see,” and later continued: “…and that quote doesn’t only apply to what is being said about ME. It also applies to others. Please be kind to everyone. #respect” That of course was directed at the Muhney supporters who targeted and bullied Hunter King (Summer) amid allegations that he groped her.
- Fans successfully raised enough funds to have a plane fly over CBS Television City with the following message: “#TeamMuhney supports Michael Muhney.”
- Eric Braeden (Victor) actually gave an interview to Radar about the whole situation. The actor revealed that he believed Muhney was campaigning him to get kicked off the show (young lion vs. old lion) and the pair eventually had an epic “shouting match,” which prompted Braeden to get into “fisticuffs.” Braeden did confess that Muhney later apologized.
- Not to be outdone, Jerry Douglas, who plays the Ghost of John Abbott “twice a month,” spoke to Rumor Fix about witnessing a shouting match between Braeden and Muhney and said that the late Bill Bell would be “turning in his grave.”
- Early Saturday morning, Kristoff St. John (Neil) tweeted Muhney to “Please set the record straight, for those of us that have to take the abuse from the fans. It’s hard to watch and read. #Bro”
Honestly, this has gotten to the point where this whole thing is such a big mess. “Fans” blaming the King are definitely out of line especially when no one has come out and actually confirmed this whole thing. Also disgusting are the reports of these allegations that feature photos of Muhney’s family members (his wife and kids). Something definitely did happen, but what, we don’t know. Two people know what happened and we shouldn’t go along with something vile that was first reported on a message board three weeks ago as the truth unless something is confirmed.
— Here’s your first photo of Grey’s Anatomy star Chandra Wilson (Bailey) appearing on General Hospital with executive producer Frank Valentini and Roger Howarth (Franco):
Rants & Raves:
- Still coming off its last sex scandal with Kristen and Eric, Days of our Lives is once again causing a social media fire storm with EJ (James Scott) and Abigail (Kate Mansi) having sex at the Horton cabin. Sure, the EJ and Sami (Alison Sweeney) fans are furious but I think many would agree that scandals are what make a soap opera successful. The fallout from this hookup has the potential to be epic – from Sami’s reaction, Jennifer’s disappoint and cousin Julie’s shade…If only Jack (Matthew Ashford) were around! Talk about scoring a DiMera double! While Abby and Cameron never went all the way, she’s now had a relationship with all of Lexie’s brothers!
- Victor showing up at baby Connor’s blessing was some good soap as well this past week. They even played the theme during the scene where he picks up the child from Adam. Such a shame backstage politics are plaguing this show when you have scenes like that.
- Thorsten Kaye is successfully making this Ridge recast work – even if he’s being a hypocrite for what Brooke has done to Katie…this is the guy who slept with his brother’s wife (back when Caroline 1.0 was married to Thorne). Speaking of Thorne (Winsor Harmon), I wish they didn’t banish him from the Forrester basement to Europe! Especially since his daughter is on the canvas now.
- It’s about time that Carly’s (Laura Wright) loved ones are upset with her that she’s dating Franco. I get GH has other stories to tell, but this way long overdue…however, I guess they are making it work by having Heather kidnap her. We’re getting more Bobbie (Jacklyn Zeman) and the return of Lucas (Ryan Carnes) out of this storyline, so we shouldn’t really complain. The Spencer family lunch between Lulu (Emme Rylan), Luke (Tony Geary) and Bobbie was great – but can we please get Laura (Genie Francis) back? Laura should not be abandoning her daughter at a time like this.
What’s coming up:
The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS/CTV Two): Did Wyatt have more to do with the diamond heist?
Quinn tell Liam to stay out of Wyatt and Hope’s relationship. Bill tries to break Wyatt’s bond with Quinn by giving him a lavish gift. Liam tries to uncover the truth about the diamond heist. Wyatt makes Hope and offer. Chaelie and Pam share some valuable information with Liam. Quinn threatens Charlie when he reveals he wants to expose what Wyatt has done. Bill shares news about Katie with Brooke. Caroline tries to calm down an angry Rick. Bill arrives at Forrester Creations to confront Ridge about Brooke.
Coronation Street (CBC): Peter and Rob face off over Tina.
Peter and Rob face off over Tina. Nick starts training with Kal. Peter and Tina get carried away. Hayley is disappointed to learn that she slept through New Year’s Eve. Leanne feels lost while living apart from Nick. Eileen is floored when Jason’s dad appears. Tina decides to move to London.
Days of our Lives (NBC/Global): JJ plots to take down Theresa.
JJ thinks about telling Daniel the truth about Theresa blackmailing him. Dr. Chyka breaks into Daniel’s apartment to destroy the medical records. Nicole and Eric find themselves in a bad situation. Jennifer comes to Daniel’s rescue. Eric and Nicole try to break free from captivity. Jordan asks Kate about brining Sheryl to town. Theresa plays mind games with Jennifer. Jordan interrogates Lucas about his reasons for hiring Sheryl. Brady blows up at Theresa while JJ plots to take her down.
DOOL Sneak Peak Week Jan 13, 2014 by rduke70
General Hospital (ABC/City): Carly’s disappearance brings Lucas back to Port Charles.
Lulu helps Nathan look for clues about what happened to Carly. Heather lays out her plan for Franco. Evidence about Silas’ past surfaces. The contents of Carly’s trunk make her family worry about her fate. Patrick confronts Sabrina about her pregnancy. Shawn questions Morgan’s loyalty. Lucy tells Felicia about what happened with Scotty. AJ remembers new details from the night of Connie’s murder. Julian tells Ava he has another child. Lucas returns to support Bobbie. Scotty faces a difficult situation regarding Franco’s arrest.
The Young and the Restless (CBS/Global): Summer is hospitalized.
Billy confronts Adam. An argument with Fen sends Summer on a downward spiral. Jack’s good news about Sharon troubles Sharon. Chelsea’s discovery could have disastrous consequences for Adam. With Summer in the hospital, Sharon’s close to confessing the truth to Nick. Kelly addresses the tension between Billy and Victoria. Cane and Lily prepare an exciting event to honour Delia. Billy begins to connect the dots about Adam’s involvement in the hit and run accident. Kevin helps Billy.