— The ratings success at General Hospital continued last week with Anna (Finola Hughes) and co turning the tables on the legion of villains and Robin (Kimberly McCullough) arriving at Patrick (Jason Thompson) and Sabrina’s (Teresa Castillo). ABC reports that their soap generated a near 6-year high in totals viewers in the U.S. with 3.30 million.
— The Writers Guild of America Awards has announced that Days of our Lives, General Hospital and The Young and the Restless all received nominations in the Daytime Drama category. For those wondering about The Bold and the Beautiful, Soap Opera Digest reports that the soap chose not to submit itself this year.
— Baby news: Robert Adamson (Noah, Y&R) and Lindsey Godfrey (Caroline, B&B) are expecting their first child together. Meanwhile, One Life to Live alums Sherri Saum (ex-Keri) and Kamar de los Reyes (ex-Antonio) are expecting twins according to Us Weekly.
— Brandon Beemer (ex-Owen, B&B; ex-Shawn, DAYS) and Felisha Terrell (ex-Arianna, DAYS) will star in the 2014 horror film, Fear Clinic.
— Lauralee Bell (Christine, Y&R) is using the Internet to help teach the importance of thinking before texting and driving.
— Debbi Morgan has decided to take herself out of the running at next year’s Daytime Emmy Awards. Morgan, who portrayed Angie on All My Children explained that “I just really, really want to move on. The many months of being told we’re on hiatus but would be coming back and then snatching the rug from under us and the fans has been very emotional. So right now, the head space I’m in is just completely distancing myself from AMC with regards an Emmy consideration. Check out Soaps in Depth to see what lovely words the actress had to say about her costars and the soap’s creator Agnes Nixon.
Rants & Raves:
- I’m loving the shades of “Psycho Sheila Carter” with The Bold and the Beautiful’s Quinn (Rena Sofer).
- But do we really need both Quinn and Donna (Jennifer Gareis) going after Eric (John McCook).
- Ha! That poor Simon on Coronation Street. Those evil girls Faye and Grace forcefully dressed him in drag.
- Days of our Lives had a lot of great moments this week, but the one that stands out the most is when Sami (Alison Sweeney) and Nicole (Arianne Zucker) listed each other’s sins.
- From the park to the pub, Abe (James Reynolds) and Theo’s (Terrell Ransom, Jr.) walking tour of Salem continued this week.
- A guilty Sami’s imagination saw EJ (James Scott) morph into Nick (Blake Berris) and it was amazing.
- General Hospital: Sure it was ridiculous that Robin (Kimberly McCullough) didn’t attempt to stop Patrick (Jason Thompson) and Sabrina’s (Teresa Castillo) wedding but when Emma ran to her mother and the church all saw Robin alive, that gripe went out of the stained glass window. Loved that kiss, sorry/not sorry Sabrina.
- Did Anna (Finola Hughes) and Robert (Tristan Rogers) really kill Faison (Anders Hove)? Seems like there’s more to this story.
- Nikolas (Tyler Christopher) asking Britt (Kelly Thiebaud) to “spend the night” with him was so sweet.
- It’s about time someone slapped Maxie (Kirsten Storms)! Welcome back Robin. While we’re at it, Faison could have easily faked Georgie’s death as well…right? It’s great seeing Lindze Letherman. Also loved Robin’s reunions with Mac (John J. York), Felicia (Kristina Wagner), Elizabeth (Rebecca Herbst) and Sam (Kelly Monaco).
- Could someone at The Young and the Restless please explain to us why we should care so much about Dylan’s (Steve Burton) saintly “parents,” Courtney’s (Kellie Goss) mystery texter Zach and Tyler’s (Redaric Williams) ex-fiancee Mariah? Why look to this off-canvas characters where there are so many existing characters to mine story from?
- Loved it when Victor (Eric Braeden) finally confronted Nikki (Melody Thomas Scott) about her trusting and relying on Paul (Doug Davidson) with her cult baby secret instead of him. Very touching when she revealed she was worried about what Victor would think of her since his own mother abandoned him at an orphanage. Back to Victor’s issue – remember way back when Nikki was worried about Victor’s professional relationship with Christine (Lauralee Bell)? Would be cool if they addressed that. Also, I hope they do away with that evil cult leader being Dylan’s father. There’s plenty more story if they made Paul the father.
The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS/CTV Two): Steffy & Ridge return.
Hope faces an ultimatum regarding Wyatt. Wyatt wields his charms to gain an advantage. Brooke’s stance towards Bill begins to waver. Quinn takes steps to secure her future at Forrester. Hope makes a confession to Brooke. Steffy returns to Los Angeles on Thursday while Ridge (now played by Thorsten Kaye) returns on Friday.
Coronation Street (CBC): Liz catches Tina with Peter.
Steve tells Michelle about Andrea, his new friend from school. Anna is shocked when she watches a video of Faye bullying. Steve offers to organize Peter’s stag. Simon refuses to return to school so Tina agrees to look after him. Liz spots a flustered Peter and Tina together. Peter is upset to learn that Carla and Rob have put their past behind them.
Days of our Lives (NBC/Global): Can Sami, Kate & Gabi keep their secret?
JJ decides to come clean with Jennifer while Theresa reacts to JJ’s confession in an unexpected way. Will demands to know what Kate, Gabi and Sami are hiding. Theresa blackmails JJ. Kate issues Jordan a warning. Sonny makes a shocking discovery. Theresa has good news for Anne. Adrienne and Will bond.
General Hospital (ABC/City): Robin visits Sabrina.
Robin pays Sabrina a visit. Sonny and Shawn hold Carlos. Heather finds Carly in Franco’s shower. Franco is forced to hide a body. Nikolas is conflicted. Sonny gives Dante advice. Spinelli and Ellie tell Maxie about their move to Portland. The jury in AJ’s trial reaches their decision. Look for Patrick to come to his senses and move Robin back home by Christimas.
The Young and the Restless (CBS/Global): Nick and Sharon reach out to Chloe.
Christine finds out about Paul’s involvement in keeping Nikki’s secret. Sparks continue to fly between Adam and Chelsea. Nick and Sharon offer Chloe advice. Lauren and Michael celebrate their anniversary – hey, let’s hope it’s not at the police station!